Annual General Meeting 2015
The 2015 AGM was held in Ottawa, Oct 30-31. The Board welcomed its newest members: Dr Orvill Adams, Mr Lex Burger and MG Venkatesh Mannar, OC, as well as volunteers and interns, and staff. More than 20 people filled the room for two days of discussion on projects, programs and global trends in development.
On Day 1, Board members had a lively discussion with HB staff :
- nutrition and agriculture in Bolivia
- maternal and child health in India
- the increasing burden of non-communicable diseases and tobacco consumption in the world
- increasing access to healthy foods and livelihoods in rapidly growing cities in developing countries
- innovative financing mechanisms for development, and
- the role of private public partnerships in health and development.
On Day 2 they discussed other business and approved a renewed five-year Strategic Plan.
See more photos of the 2015 AGM: