Road User Fees: Key to Sustainable Urban Transportation
The Healthy Transportation Coalition and community partners are hosting an important event on March 28th titled Road User Fees: Key to Sustainable Urban Transportation.
There is a steadily increasing interest in applying user-fees to city and provincial roads, both as a means of funding improved public transit options and at the same time covering spiralling road maintenance costs. In Toronto, City Council has recently proposed tolls on two major municipal highways: the Gardiner Expressway and the Don Valley Parkway.
Featured guest speakers:
- Graham Haines, Research Manager, Ryerson University City Building Institute
- Dale Beugin, Research Director, Canada's Ecofiscal Commission
- David Chernushenko, Chair, Environment and Climate Protection Committee, City of Ottawa
- Vijay Gill, Assistant Vice President (North America), CPCS Transcom Ltd.
- Valérie Assoi, Steering Committee member, City for All Women Initiative; and
- Kristie Daniel, Program Director, Livable Cities, HealthBridge
Learn more about our work with Ottawa's Healthy Transportation Coalition.