Low-cost, Safe, Inclusive and Accessible Neighbourhood Public Spaces in Tan Mai Ward, Hanoi, Vietnam
The project works intensively in one ward in Hanoi, Vietnam in order to demonstrate how a variety of small interventions can create better quality public spaces. Ultimately the project will impact the quality of life for residents of Tan Mai ward and improve migrant women’s integration into the city. The specific objectives include:
- To increase number of inclusive, safe and accessible community spaces in Tan Mai ward, particularly for women, migrants and disabled children
- To increase the community’s participation in designing, constructing and maintaining community spaces in Tan Mai ward.
- To increase commitment of the ward, city, and national governments to implement smaller public space interventions supporting more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities.
Tan Mai ward, Hanoi, Vietnam
- The People's Committee of Tan Mai ward
- Think Playgrounds
- Hanoi Institute for Socio-Economic Development Studies
April 2019 to March 2020