Scaling Up Nutrition Civil Society Alliance (SUN CSA) Vietnam was established in 2019 and consists of nine civil society organizations. The purpose of the SUN CSA is to mobilize national and international civil society organizations working to improve nutrition in Vietnam. The Alliance also works to engage policymakers at the national and subnational levels and other stakeholders to sustain commitments in order to effectively tackle all forms of malnutrition. With this project, SUN CSA Vietnam and its partner, Hai Phong Federation of Labour, plan to promote sound maternal and child health and nutrition practices. The project also aims to promote ownership and capacity strengthening for SUN CSA Vietnam. HealthBridge will be responsible for managing the monitoring and evaluation component of the project, specifically developing the baseline and endline surveys.
The project specifically aims to:
- Conduct educational communication sessions for female workers on maternal and child health and nutrition practices.
- Support the establishment of dedicated lactation rooms with standardized facilities at selected factories.
- Provide training courses on maternal and child health and nutrition practices, and counselling skills for service providers and health staff of factories’ health clinics.
- Collaborate with Hai Phong Federation of Labour and SUN networks to develop a technical handbook including guidelines on creating workplace lactation rooms and guidelines on breastfeeding for female workers.
- Share project’s lessons learned and best practices with other SUN groups.
- Increased % of female workers who access and use basic maternal and child health and nutrition (MCHN) services in An Duong district, Hai Phong city.
- Increased capacity of SUN CSA members.
- Lessons learnt and best practices are shared with other SUN networks in Vietnam, including government, UN, and business.